Monday, February 18, 2013

Limited Edition

The other day one of my teenage daughters made a strange comment (as teenagers do) to which my wife commented "You're weird".
My daughter replied "I'm not weird. I'm a limited edition."

If only we all realised that we are all

  • Limited editions
  • One-offs
  • Created in Gods image
  • Fearfully and wonderfully made
And that we were were all known by God before the beginning of time.
To me that means we were all loved from the beginning of........... the beginning.

It's a sad fact that here in New Zealand our youth suicide rate is one of the highest in the world. My daughter told me today that a high school student she knew ended her life last night.
I'm not qualified, nor do I understand, suicide and it's causes but I think that somewhere along the way the ability to receive and know love must have been severely damaged. I'm not blaming parents or families or friends. It seems to be something that happens over time invisibly.

I believe we need to install into each other, including the teenagers we know, that we are all special, limited editions, loved by God and us.

The question is how do we the 'church' achieve this?
Are we doing a good job?
What improvements can we make?


No comments: